‹‹ Nazaj k Bugs
Zaslužiti nagrada skrivati vsi oglasi
Objave: 10   Obiskan od: 38 users
30.05.2020 - 11:56
Expected behaviour
When I assign the many borders that make up the country all to one country, all of them should be coloured when I pick the country in the game

Actual behaviour
Only some of the borders are coloured (eventhough city names still show up if I scroll over the uncoloured borders) when the country is picked in-game, while red text errors show up in chat (no errors show up if the country remains unpicked/neutral). Players can't join the game if the country in question has been picked (players who were already in the game when it was picked can continue playing as normal, so long as they don't refresh).

Steps to reproduce the behaviour
Host Hegemony of the Dawn and pick Bismarck Archipelago or Caroline Islands, or host Rise of Macedon scenario.

Information
Browser: All except Edge
Any other relevant information: Tends to happen in countries that are made up of a large number of borders

Attachments
When picking in-game:

When assigning in scenario editor:
----
Someone Better Than You
Nalaganje...
Nalaganje...
30.05.2020 - 20:05
1) Delete Bismarck Archipelago and Caroline Islands countries (keep the borders).
2) Save the map then exit.
3) Open the editor again and re-create the countries. Save it and go test.

If it keeps showing error messages, then look for another possible glitched country. If there are no other glitched countries, but the errors keeps appearing, then I would delete the borders/countries and draw it again.
Nalaganje...
Nalaganje...
31.05.2020 - 20:10
Prispeval Estus, 30.05.2020 at 20:05

1) Delete Bismarck Archipelago and Caroline Islands countries (keep the borders).

If it keeps showing error messages, then look for another possible glitched country. If there are no other glitched countries, but the errors keeps appearing, then I would delete the borders/countries and draw it again.

Did this save before when Korea was bugged, however with Bismarck and Caroline there's so many borders that it's impossible for it not to happen. We sorta worked something out by Balkanising the whole thing but still, being forced to split up the province because editor is being wacky is...
----
Someone Better Than You
Nalaganje...
Nalaganje...
01.06.2020 - 14:57
Prispeval Zephyrusu, 31.05.2020 at 20:10

Prispeval Estus, 30.05.2020 at 20:05

Did this save before when Korea was bugged, however with Bismarck and Caroline there's so many borders that it's impossible for it not to happen. We sorta worked something out by Balkanising the whole thing but still, being forced to split up the province because editor is being wacky is...

We had a similar glitch, sometimes you just have to find the right border.

A ww2?
----

Nalaganje...
Nalaganje...
01.06.2020 - 15:52
Prispeval Professor Adog, 01.06.2020 at 14:57

A ww2?

You find me the right border out of a whole archipelago... And, sorta.
----
Someone Better Than You
Nalaganje...
Nalaganje...
01.06.2020 - 15:58
Prispeval Zephyrusu, 01.06.2020 at 15:52

Prispeval Professor Adog, 01.06.2020 at 14:57

A ww2?

You find me the right border out of a whole archipelago... And, sorta.

If you hosted it, of course.
----

Nalaganje...
Nalaganje...
01.06.2020 - 16:23
Prispeval Professor Adog, 01.06.2020 at 15:58

If you hosted it, of course.

Half the islands were bugged.
----
Someone Better Than You
Nalaganje...
Nalaganje...
04.06.2020 - 06:46
New Edge browser also gets errors, thanks windows updates.
----
Someone Better Than You
Nalaganje...
Nalaganje...
12.09.2021 - 09:48
 Dave (Administrator)
Prispeval Zephyrusu, 30.05.2020 at 11:56

This should be fixed now. I've released a patch to prevent this particular JS error (i.e. the red text errors) from happening.

However, the root cause of the error is glitched borders on the map, so its still possible you might run into other problems because of that. If so, take a look at this similar bug report, which explains that open borders (i.e. gaps in the borders) are one cause of it, and how to fix it.

Beyond that, if you run into any more errors with it, just let me know.
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

Nalaganje...
Nalaganje...
12.09.2021 - 10:28
 Dave (Administrator)
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

Nalaganje...
Nalaganje...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Zasebnost | Pogoji uporabe | Pasice | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pridružite se nam na

Povej naprej